This is a recipe I came up with while I ran my juice bar. On quiet days, I could spend my time trying out different combinations of ingredients, and just as importantly, different quantities of ingredients. A smoothie that’s too thick or too runny is nowhere near as good as one that’s just right!
- 1 Pineapple – to make juice (about 15 oz)
- Coconut water – equal amount as pineapple juice (about 15 oz)
- Frozen pineapple (about 10 oz)
- Frozen mango (about 10 oz)
For me, the ideal combination of this smoothie is 3/5 liquid, and 2/5 frozen fruit. If you use fresh fruit, I’d go for 1/2 liquid and 1/2 fresh fruit.
The first step is to make the pineapple juice base.
- Cut the skin off your pineapple
- Chop the pineapple into chunks for juicing
- Juice the pineapple
You should get about 15 oz of juice. Then to make the smoothie…
- Add the same amount of coconut water to the juice so you have 30 oz of liquid
- Put 10 oz of frozen pineapple and 10 oz of frozen mango into your blender
- Add the pineapple juice / coconut water mix to your blender
- Put the lid on and blend on high speed for 30-45 seconds
Juice Fiend Says
When I make smoothies using a juice base, I don’t sieve my juice. Seems like a bit of a waste of time and produce.