There are loads of different Lemon Ginger Blast recipes out there. The key ingredients are apple, lemon and ginger. Then to that you’d usually add some greens, maybe some cucumber, celery, herbs and for a full on blast, some chilli. It shouldn’t be too hot to drink but you want to know it’s there.
Dan McDonald, The Life Regenerator on Youtube is a big fan of the Blast. It was watching his videos that convinced me that chili and juice is a combination worth trying.
Ingredients (to make 28 oz approx.)
- 7-10 apples (just over 2lbs)
- 4 oz kale
- 1 lemon
- chunk of ginger
- a little jalapeño pepper (I usually use about 1/3 – 1/2)
- Wash the apples
- Peel the lemon
- Cut off the jalapeño pepper stalk
- Juice all the ingredients together
- For a pulp free juice, strain the juice through a sieve (I do)
Juice Fiend Says
My preferred juicer, the Omega VRT350HD makes relatively pulpy juice. Drinking pulp is most definitely healthy but for this recipe, I like a smoother drink so I strain mine through a sieve. Of course, this reduces the quantity of my juice.