In my experience, eating more fruits and vegetables is more about preparation than willpower. This 5 day juice cleanse makes it easy to consume loads of raw plant foods and give your body the nutrition it craves. Knowing what you need and buying all the ingredients ahead of time means you’ll have the right fruits and vegetables to make the recipes in this guide.
This juice cleanse program isn’t about restriction, it’s about abundance – of hydration, taste and nutrients. Feeling great drinking fruits and vegetables is all about feeding our bodies with the right kind of nutrition so that we don’t crave the wrong kinds of foods.
One of the biggest mistakes I see people making on a juice fast is that they put too much emphasis on the fast and not enough on the juice! Even drinking three litres of freshly squeezed juice, you’re practically guaranteed to be consuming less calories than you would normally be eating (unless you have an eating disorder). It’s totally counter-productive to try to limit the amount of juice you consume. We want the nutrients and need the calories the juice contains.
Of course, there is a limit to the amount of juice that we can physically drink. I’m not suggesting that you should force juice down if you feel completely full. However, I think it is perfectly reasonable to have 64 oz in the morning and another 64 oz spread across the afternoon and early evening.
Included in this guide
- What is a Juice Cleanse?
- Benefits of drinking more juice.
- Discussion of juices vs smoothies.
- Recommended juicer and how to store juice.
- Full shopping list for 5 day cleanse.
- 11 juice recipes (most sold at the Juice Fiend juice bar)
– 3 Apples
– 5 medium Carrots
– 1 Red Pepper
– 1 Beetroot
– 1 Lemon
– 1 thumb of Ginger
1. Wash the apples and red pepper
2. Peel the lemon, ginger, carrots and beetroot
3. Chop the ingredients into pieces
4. Juice the ingredients together
5. Add water up to 32 oz then sieve your juice